Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The cross over from 2012 to 2013

Happy new year darlings. I'm so excited about 2013 and I have a strong feeling a lot of you feel the same way. 2012 wasn't all that smooth for most but somehow, this new year is looking good already for many.
 



I started off the year on stage as a co-host of the Lagos Countdown concert put together by LASAA and I must say, it was the most organised concert I had ever attended in Africa.

We started off the evening at the avenue suites on Tiamiyu Savage street in V.I right beside the venue for the big event. After having lunch with my friend I.K, I went to my room to get my make up done by Sisi oge makeovers, her phone number is 07039755161. I told her I didn't want heavy eyeshadow but that I wanted bold lipstick which she did very well. *wink*

I wore two dresses that night. The first one was a fushia pink dress from my closet (so many People thought it was red *LOL*) and matching peep toe pumps with diamante stones by Lulu Townsend.
 
 
My second dress which I changed into just before 12 midnight was made by Nigerian fashion designer, Yinka Fashola of Moofa. She made me a blue ballerina dress from her latest collection, "Swan addiction". Her dresses are beautiful and very affordable, you can reach her on 08054076944 or 012951111. I paired it with my black Badgley Mischka pumps. (Shout out to 360 delivery services for picking up my dress for me. You can call them on 08105004000).




We were three hosts for the night. Me, IK Osakioduwa (the host for Big Brother Africa) and Ibrahim "Quest" Sulaiman (an architect/professional dancer). We kicked off the show at past 8pm and I had so much fun hosting the show with two amazing gentlemen. We laughed, danced and gisted back stage, we were working and having fun at the same time.
 

The show witnessed so many performances by our favourite Nigerian artists. The list is endless but let me name a few: Tuface Idibia, Omawunmi, Banky W, M.I, Iyanya, Jesse Jags, Brymo, Davido, Dare Art-Alade, Skales, Burna boy, Flowssick, Shaydee boy, Seyi Shay, Pheel, D'Prince, Solidstar, Orezi, Niyola, the Crystals, Ajebutter etc



 


 From the 8 O'clock hour, we did an hourly countdown where the bell would ring and we would all do a countdown from the numbers 10 to 1. As the clock approached 12am, we began the biggest countdown for the night. We screamed at the top of our voices from 10 to 1 and finally, it was the time we had all been waiting for, the start of a whole new year, a time to remember, finally it was 12 midnight. Yipeeee, the cross over from the 31st of December 2012 into the 1st of January 2013. We all screamed "Happy New year" and ofcourse, the next thing we saw was a beautiful display of fireworks.
 
What got me excited that night was not mainly the music, it was the look of joy, happiness and hope on the faces of the crowd that gathered at eko atlantic. I'm so happy everyone had fun that night. Thank God for a great year 2012, I believe this new year (2013) is going to be even greater for us all. This is a year to pray hard, work smart and work hard. God Bless us all.
 
Peace & Love,
A..

2 comments:

  1. Haaaaapy new year to my favourite tv personality.... Love you muchos

    ReplyDelete