Saturday, February 1, 2014

THE 2013-2014 LAGOS COUNTDOWN (NEW YEAR)CONCERT by HOST-ARIYIKE AKINBOBOLA

Hello beautiful people, Hope everyone is doing great? I should have posted these pictures ever since but I've been busy travelling for work and play. I thank God for journey mercies. In the month of January alone, I travelled from Lagos to Amsterdam, London, U.S.A (Atlanta, Ohio and North Carolina) on 9 different Aeroplanes and God was with me through it all. It feels good to be back home. Here is a little recap from the Lagos countdown (new year) concert I hosted for the second year running. Mehn! I had so much fun co-hosting with some great people. I have never seen that much crowd in my entire life. I stood on stage looking at the crowd and the heads were endless. The energy at Eko Atlantic beach is always on a whole new level. Shout out to everyone that was there. For the first edition of the Lagos countdown which was on the 31st of January 2012-1st of January 2013, I hosted the show with two great men, I.K Osakioduwa of Rhythm 93.7F.M/Big Brother Africa reality show host and Quest (Professional dancer/Architect/Tv Personality). You can view pictures from 2012-2013 Lagos countdown over here http://reflectionswithariyike.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-cross-over-from-2012-to-2013.html?m=1 For the second edition (2013-2014) of the Lagos countdown, I hosted with Radio/Tv Personality, Ill Rhymz and comedian, Gbenga Adeyinka. I'm truly blessed and grateful to God for this wonderful opportunity. The show which is the biggest new year's countdown show in Africa was broadcast live all across Africa on dstv channel 199 and also on Nigerian TV stations like TV Continental, Channels TV and a couple of other TV stations. Repeat broadcasts were also aired on Africa Magic channels aired all across Africa. My friend from secondary school watched me from South Africa and sent me a facebookk message "Ariyike you don blow o". LOL! I want to say a big thank you to the Governor of Lagos state, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola for giving Lagosians the opportunity to party with their favourite celebrities into the new year, the MD of LASAA, Mr. GK Noah and his fantastic LASAA team for organising the biggest show ever, I call them the "dream team" because they are the coolest organisers I've ever worked with (Temitayo, Yinka, Seyi, Sarah e.t.c). A huge shout out to all the sponsors, my darling husband Siji, our lovely children,my mother Mrs. Ladun Lawal (nee Ojutalayo) for taking care of the kids during that busy period, friends and entire family for being so supportive. I also want to say a word special thank you to everyone that sent me messages while watching me on TV from Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, London, U.S.A and other parts of the world. To all those especially mothers who have always wanted to work in the entertainment Industry (acting, TV, music, poetry et al) who sent me messages on social media (facebook, twitter, e.t.c), yes it is possible for a married woman/mother to thrive in the entertainment industry if you have your head properly screwed on your shoulder and you must know what you want out of it. Are you in it for the fame or do you want to build a career and make some money? The choice is yours. Here are some pictures from event. I'll do another post about my fashion choices for the night. Stay blessed and enjoy. When I get on stage, I'm a totally different person. What was I trying to do over here? Hehehe! Gbenga Adeyinka, Ariyike, Ill Rhymz. Gbenga, Funmi I, Funke A, Don Jazzy, Ariyike, Ill Rhymz Ariyike and Funke Akindele dancing off stage Sisi Oge, Ariyike and Somidoge. They stayed with me throughout the show last year and this year again. God bless them. My favourite picture of the night....Don Jazzy kept saying "Oshe! Oshe". 1 word to describe this picture "Epic". Photo credit: Ariyike's Phone, Lagos countdown official site, TCD Photography, www.alabamauncut.com, Bayo Lawal's phone. Feel free to drop a line... Please ignore all my gbagauns. This post was done with my phone and the auto correct is driving me nuts!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats girl! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are doing a great job. May God continue to strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love, I always knew you're a star!!!!

    Shine on girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ariyike,
    I came across your write up on BellaNaija and wondered if you had an email address to be contacted on for some "man" advice.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. @L you can contact ariyike through the mail refllectionswithariyike@gmail.com and you can also follow my facebook page and interact with me one on one. the add is @ ariyike akinbobola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not seeing more of u on spice TV lately.wata gwan?v u gon bhind d scene?

    ReplyDelete