Having a crush can leave you feeling crushed! You feel full of yearnings and longings to spend time with that person who is just so wonderful, but, they don't even seem to know you exist! You need to catch their eye, as soon as possible! These steps will help you be eye-catching and get noticed by that person, no matter what age you are or what your particularly crush scenario is.
Start at step number one below.
- Act like you don't care. Don't be clingy or desperate. This will make your crush think you have issues they really don't want to deal with. Instead, put on an air of cool. If he don't seem like he wants to talk to you, go talk to someone else. Throw parties and don't invite him until the last minute. Show him that you have your own life and that your world doesn't revolve around cataloging every time he so much as sneeze.
- Let your crush see you with other guys/girls. Let him see you talking to and hanging out with other members of the gender you prefer to date. He needs to see that you have other options and that you know you have other options. This will make you more desirable.
- Find common interests. Find things you have in common. This will give you something to talk about but it will also give you something to bond over. You'll be friends before you know it and a friendship is much easier to build on. You can compare interests, learn their interests just by paying attention, or you can explore the things they like. Who knows, maybe you'll find that you really like their taste!
Be a good friend. The qualities of a good friend are also the qualities of a good boyfriend or girlfriend, so start by being a good friend so that your crush can see what they have to look forward to. They say that the person you date should be your best friend, so it's probably a good idea to set the bar high, right?
You can be supportive when they're feeling down, help them whenever you can, be fun and help them relax, make them laugh (especially when they're having a bad day), and generally be a good friend.
- Create trust. There needs to be trust, in order for real romantic feelings to develop (and stick around). Never reveal a secret he tells you, don't generally go around telling people his business, and be someone that he can come to with their problems without having to worry about being laughed at or judged.
- Give him space. Give him the space to go out and do the things that he wants to do. One fear that a lot of people have about dating is that the demand on their time and affection will mean that they won't be able to hang out with their friends or on their own as much, and that they won't get the time to do the things that they want to do. Give your crush some space and alone time and he'll see that you value their happiness above your own.
- Flirt. Well, he needs to know that you like he, doesn’t he? Flirt with him and show him that you are definitely interested. This will tell him that he can return your feelings without having to worry as much about rejection. But don't flirt to much. Maybe tell him give him a reason to think about you, but not to early or they will just back away.
- Afterwards. If things don't work out, don't get discouraged. This doesn't mean you can't be friends. Later on, that person may feel they, too, like you and finally hit things off. Now, if things are going downhill once your relationship starts, talk to your crush about it. If you think you need a break, tell him. If he finds out that your being a little shaky, but you aren't being honest about it, the relationship will come to a stop. Breakups are the worst, so don't let that happen to you!
Article written by Adrian Wealth.